ICC Evaluation Service, LLC® (ICC-ES®), has expanded its PMG Listing Program to include WaterSense®, a partnership program sponsored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) that identifies water-efficient toilets, bathroom sink faucets, showerheads, urinals and weather based irrigation controllers. The (EPA) introduced the WaterSense® program to help in protecting our nation’s water supply by promoting water efficiency and increasing awareness of water-efficient products, programs and practices.
Products displaying the WaterSense® label meet the EPA specifications for water efficiency and must be listed by a licensed certifying body.
ICC-ES has established itself as the leader in the United States with nearly 80 years of experience in evaluating building products for code compliance. ICC-ES is a licensed provider of WaterSense certification and offers manufacturers the best choice when listing their company’s water-efficient products.
- Does not charge manufacturers for WaterSense listings
- Is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- Has partnered with the EPA to evaluate products for WaterSense
- Meets the needs of the manufacturer by helping the manufacturer take its product to market quicker
The following products fall under the WaterSense program:
- High-efficiency toilets (HETs)
- High-efficiency bathroom sink faucets
- High-efficiency urinals
- High-efficiency showerheads
- Weather based irrigation controllers
- Flushometer-Valve Water Toilets
- Sprinkler Spray Bodies
In order for a manufacturer’s product to be considered for a FREE WaterSense report, the performance standard report must be certified by ICC-ES.
For access to these documents, Click here.
Partnership agreement with the EPA can be Found here.
When a manufacturer applies for a listing to verify compliance with the WaterSense requirements, their products will also be evaluated by ICC-ES PMG for conformance with applicable codes and standards. This gives the applicant the benefit of obtaining both the WaterSense label and the ICC-ES PMG Listing mark.
WaterSense Program Mark Guidelines and ICC-ES PMG Listing Mark Click here.