ICC-ES has developed Environmental Criteria (formerly known as Evaluation Guidelines) for use in verifying manufacturers’ claims about specific sustainable attributes of their products. These criteria are approved by the Environmental Committee and provide guidance to ICC-ES staff when evaluating products to green codes, standards and rating systems.
Currently, Environmental Criteria apply to the following services:
- Product evaluation to green building codes such as:
- International Green Construction Code (IgCC)
- California Green Building Standards Code (CALGreen)
- ASHRAE 189.1
- Product evaluation to green building rating systems and standards such as:
- U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
- Green Building Initiative’s GBI-01, Green Building Assessment Protocol for Commercial Buildings Standard
- National Association of Home Builder’s National Green Building Standard (ICC 700).
- Evaluation of assemblies for compliance with provisions of the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
For more information on criteria development and meeting schedules, click here.
|Criteria Number||Criteria Title||Additional Details|